When it comes to chocolate gifts, there is a strong symbolic meaning behind the giving such as a blissful life, love, passion, and caring. It is a simple yet passionate gift that everyone adores, from young children to great grandmothers.
If you make a homemade gift, you want to make sure that it is wrapped divinely, especially if the gift is chocolate. In truth, the wrapping is almost as important as the gift.
Chocolate is the ideal gift for your child, spouse, lover, mother, friend, or co-worker. There really are not too many people who don’t like chocolate. In fact, they are quite rare. You can be rest assured that giving chocolate is the ultimate gift.
Chocolate Gift Wrapping Ideas
When you make a homemade gift, especially if it is chocolate, you want to make sure that the gift wrapping is exceptional! Many connoisseurs agree that the way chocolate is packaged is just as important as the chocolate itself. Truthfully, when chocolate is beautifully wrapped it sends out an extraordinary message to a special someone. The message can be very subtle yet inspiring. As well, chocolate can be very difficult to resist.
Clever connoisseurs take advantage of people’s attraction to chocolate by wrapping their gift creatively and pleasing to the eye. Some clever chocolate gift wrapping ideas include the use of tissue paper that come in a wide variety of colours or natural brown kraft paper. The wrapping paper can be adorned with various adornments to complete the gift opening experience such as
- Natural jute
- Velvet ribbon
- Leather for tying
- Tibetan brass bells
- Tiny bells with ribbons
- Sparkling sequin ribbons
- Offset brown kraft paper by using vanilla coloured lace
- Twine with feathers artfully attached (select a colour theme)
- Cut out stars with sparkles (choose desired colour) using stencil paper
- Natural greenery like pine cuttings or holly berries attached with ribbon or twine
In addition, there are many types of DIY mini boxes that are easy to make. For instance, there are numerous sites that show you how to make different size and shaped boxes for chocolate gift packing ideas at home. There are actually many ingenious gift wrapping ideas if you are not sure on how to gift chocolate. Some very creative shapes for wrapping chocolate include:
- Envelope style
- Easy pillow boxes
- Paper cup gift boxes
- Boxed geometric heart
- Pyramid shaped gift boxes
- Paper diamond shaped boxes
- Paper boxes shaped like fruit such as strawberries, watermelon, apple, etc.
How Do You Pack Homemade Chocolate?
When it comes to packing chocolate, there are several tips and guidelines you should follow. For instance, chocolate is very sensitive to heat and will melt, even in slightly warm temperatures. That last thing you want to do is give a as a gift is a melted chocolate bar. In addition, chocolate has a tendency to break easily. It needs to be well wrapped and prevented from being directly banged or hit.
However, chocolate makes a fantastic gift and can be successfully shipped if it is packed properly. A few guidelines are all that is needed to ensure that your chocolate arrives safely and in one piece. Here are a few tips on how to do chocolate gift wrapping so it is shipped correctly
- Store chocolate in a cool and dry place
- Always keep chocolate out of direct sunlight
- Try not to ship chocolate during warm season months
- Avoid shipping chocolate in a tin can, metal can attract heat
- Chocolate should be packed in a box that’s 2-3 times the size of the gift itself
- Try not to over stuff with cushioning, chocolate can overheat if the box is packed to tight
- Pack chocolate well, use tissue paper or bubble wrap to prevent the gift from sliding around
- Gel cold packs can be used to keep chocolate cold during shipping. Wrap the cold pack in a zip lock plastic bag
In addition, purchase overnight shipping if it is possible. Chocolate is sensitive to temperature changes. The texture and taste can be altered if there are too many temperature fluctuations. As well, avoid shipping right before a week end so your gift does not sit in the facility for several days.
Why are Chocolate Bars Wrapped in Foil?
Quite often chocolate is wrapped in foil and not plastic or paper. This is mainly because the foil protects the chocolate from exposure to air, light, and moisture.
- Too much moisture – Is caused by high humidity or condensation from a refrigerator. Moisture causes sugar bloom or crystallization, sugar dissolves and comes to the surface. Generally there are grey or white coloured spots on the chocolate.
- Exposure to light – If temperatures exceed 70°F (20°C), small amounts of some of the fats in the cocoa butter melt and come to the surface. The surface of the chocolate gets a grey film called fat bloom. There will also be a slight oily feel to the chocolate.
- Too much air – Chocolate can develop “bloom” if it is exposed to the air. Air causes the cocoa butter to crystallize and rise to the top. It is harmless but not very appealing, especially for a gift.
Homemade Chocolate Wrapping Material
One of the most popular ways to wrap chocolate is with paper. It has been a favourite wrapping method since chocolate was first manufactured in the mid-19th century. However, there are various other ways to wrapping chocolate that are successful.
Basically, there are three main types of homemade chocolate wrapping material.
- Paper – a strip of paper is used to wrap over the chocolate. It is the most common way of wrapping. Generally this method is found in England, the USA, Asian countries, and the Netherlands.
- Envelope – this method is common in many countries but must be opened carefully to avoid tearing. A standard material used for filled chocolates such as with spirits or nuts. This method of wrapping is also used for larger treats or luxury chocolates that have unusual shapes.
- Foil – plastic and metalized foils are becoming one of the most popular ways of wrap chocolate. It is mainly because it is coast effective and economical. In addition, foils keeps chocolate fresher and more protected from the elements that can cause bloom.
In addition, today’s technology has developed unique and efficient ways to wrap chocolate. For example, many Scandinavian companies combine paper with inner foil into just one wrapper. Other countries like Italy make one wrapper by combining an inner metalized foil with a plastic wrapper. Unfortunately, these wrappers can be hard to open without damage.
Chocolate Wrapping Paper Near Me
For the most part, chocolate wrapping paper is easy to find. In fact, there are numerous ways to find the ideal wrapping material for your special gift. Some of the most common locations are
- Craft stores
- Dime stores
- Dollar stores
- Paper companies
- Party supply stores
- Greeting card stores
- Thrift stores for trinkets
- Wholesale gift supply companies
- Online stores and specialty shops
- Chocolate stores with baking supplies
Discover Peace, Love & Chocolate at Anarchy Chocolate!
Our company is one of a kind. If you desire to learn about chocolate, including how to make it at home – Don’t hesitate to follow our “artisan bean to chocolate bar” journey. Subscribe to our blog today at Anarchy Chocolate. or visit our online store here now.
Chocolate Gift Wrapping Ideas